Crank monkey

Difference between Avid Organic and Metallic Pads???

I've been using avid metallic pads (C4) for a last while without too much trouble. You know, the occasional squeal when wet, but they last well. I just picked up a set of Avid organic pads for cheap, and was curious if anyone has any feedback on the difference between the two. Are they better in the wet? Are they more/less powerful? Any noticeable difference?

Avid's website is useless for that stuff. I haven't been able to find a thing online about the pad compounds.

For the curious, my setup is BB7s with 185 front and 160 rear, both polygon discs.
    Cheers,
    Smytty

mtbr member
    MBAction magazine did a write up on Avid's organic pads about two issues back. They are supposed to be less 'grabby' than the stock metallic pads. This also means a sacrifice of some stopping power. I decided to try them on my front J7 because it is somewhat touchy. The organic pads caused a severe chatter when braking that I never experienced with the metallic pads. I made several stops trying to bed them in but gave up right away. MBA liked them but I'm pretty happy with the metallics so went right back to using them. I would like to hear of other's experiences with these. They must work for some?

Two wheels are best
    I've been running the organic pads on the rear J7 for a about 6 months now. I didn't notice much difference between the them and the metallic pads in stopping power. Maybe they give up a bit of power under really hard braking but, I've never had a problem stopping/slowing while using them.

They work well and they are less noisy...which is what I was after when I installed them.
    Never be afraid to try something new.

Remember amateurs built the Ark.
    Professionals built the Titanic.