mtbr member

Did I order the wrong size rotor?

Ok, so I ordered some Magura Marta's last week, and they didn't come with a post mount, which I wasn't aware of. That being said, I'm looking at the Magura site, and I'm not sure which adapter I need. I ordered the brakes with 180mm rotor because I'm 200lbs with no gear, and love going as fast as possible. Now maybe I'm totally reading it wrong, but it looks like those rotors are only for 6" travel forks? I'm on a 100mm Fox fork. Will either adapter 6 or adapter 12 work for me? Either that, or do I just need to be using 160mm rotor. Thanks for any input!

http://magura.com/english/frameset/frameset.htm

I like Monkeys
    Travel doesn't have anything to do with rotor size except that some short travel forks aren't strong enough for the leverage that comes with a larger rotor. A fox 100mm fork should work fine with a 180mm rotor with the 180mm adapter.
    What do I want to be when I grow up.....Dead!

I am a pathetic rider...
    Sep 2007
    the 6" mounts refers to forks that have mounts designed to run 6" discs (almost everything but DH/FR forks) The Fox 40, some of the Magura forks, and some of the manitous are built to run 8" discs without any adapters.
    Save the Earth, Ride a Cyclist

mtbr member
    Great, thanks for the quick responses. I bought these online, but is there a chance that a LBS will have the adapters, or will I have to order those online as well?