Thread: Diatech Anchor

mtbr member

Diatech Anchor

I'm probably going to look stupid but as the Chinese proverb says: "He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever"

After running mechanicals for a year or so, I decided to upgrade to Hydraulic and bought a set of Diatech off eBay after reading this review from Singletrack Magazine UK
    http://www.cyclesportsuk.co.uk/produ...oducts_id=2929

I have received them, they look almost new and they seem to work (when I use the lever, the pads squeeze each other etc...) And that's where the problem lies they are so tight that I cannot fit a rotor between them. Is there a kind of self adjustment ? How can I get them back more open ?
    Eric
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Use a stiff putty knife, screwdriver, etc. to pry them apart. Try not to damage the pads.

You now have learned the first lesson most people learn about hydraulics...don't squeeze the lever without a rotor or spacer between the pads.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by gmcttr
    Use a stiff putty knife, screwdriver, etc. to pry them apart. Try not to damage the pads.

You now have learned the first lesson most people learn about hydraulics...don't squeeze the lever without a rotor or spacer between the pads.
    Does it mean it is self-adjusting ?
    Can I go hard as long as I don't dammage the pads ?
    Is it better to use a slow movement or it doesn't matter ?