mtbr member

deoroe m595 anyone use them?

Great write up here on them.
    http://www.bikeradar.com/commuting/g...brake-10-37554

I need new brakes and these loom pretty intersting.

mtbr member
    Jul 2003

Trickle down....

is a wonderful thing. The Deore hydros are a good brake. The higher end stuff uses a mono block caliper, the Deores are two piece. They are a tad heavier than the higher end XT/XTR stuff, and they don't have all the do-dads. The only adjustment on the master cylinder is the reach adjuster and that's about it. If you are looking for a blingy high zoot brake then pass. But they are reliable, simple, easy to set up, and easy to maintain. And as noted in the article the take the same pads as the XTR,XT, and SLX brakes, so it should be easy to find replacements, unlike many of Shimano's older "lower end" brakes that required something different (and often difficult to locate).

The bottom line is, the Deore hydro is a basic brake that gets the job done. It isn't pretty, particularly light, or cool. But then pretty is as pretty does IMHO. A good brake for the money. Not the best, but it'll do donkey!

Good Dirt
    "I do whatever my Rice Cripsies tell me to!"

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    New caliper fluid something or another, these are supposed to out brake the XT's without having Servo Wave.

Running a Deore 535 on the rear without any issues for a few years, next brake purchase I'll likely go this route, I like cheap, powerful and don't care about weight.

Master of Disaster
    Copied from your thread in the 29er forum: which brakes? xt m775 Slx,magura louise,louise bat

Personally, I'd go this route for $100 each front & rear (complete):

Shimano SLX M665 Disc Brake Kit
    http://www.blueskycycling.com/produc...w_Adapters.htm

You don't get a hinged bar clamp but you do get Servo-Wave levers - easy choice in my opinion for the money.
    I'm gonna miss me when I'm gone.
    IMBA member #234701