GMF
    Mmm... Tasty

Delta Aztec Rotors?

Pricepoint is selling 180mm Delta Aztec rotors for about $25usd, which seems like a pretty good deal.

Does anyone know anything about these? They are 2mm thick, so it seems like they should fit most calipers with the appropriate adapter... It is just a flat plate of steel, right? How can they screw it up? (although i am sure some creative people can certainly find a way...). (and for the record, i searched the product review section and the archives to no avail.)

Thanks,
    -Damon

Lurking Homer
    Feb 2004

They are great

I have used the 160's on my Avid mechs and they work great. They are a little stouter than the Avid rotors and work great. Go for it.

L-Dogg

I love Pisgah
    They tend to be heavier is all. I have a 160mm laying around here somewhere. The surface area is larger to the inside, which is all wasted(said the hopeless WW). True weight is around 130-135gms. A good Hayes or Formula 160mm is around 119 to 110gms for the later. Cheap and tough tho, so you decide.

GMF
    Mmm... Tasty

Good job!

Cool, thanks for the info... Since this would be going on a kona dawg, weight obviously couldn't be much of a concern, so i'll just have to suck up the grams (and going to a bigger disk, too! how am i going to get up those hills?? ).

Weight weenies are just too easy of a target (not that i am one to talk - i just switched out from perfectly good brakes on one of my bikes to ones that might not work quite as well just because they are lighter...) (and i wanted the mounts off those avids, too).

-Damon