Riding free's the mind
    Jan 2004

Dark ring on Juicy rotors?

Another Avid Juicy owner question... anyone notice that the scrape area on the rotor has a rather dark color to it. Whereas my friends disc brake rotors all have a polished or brushed looking scrape?

Just wondering if this is typical of Avid as I noticed this was the case with my Avid Mechanicals. I assume this is due to the pad material?
    [SIZE=2]Question to a custom frame builder..."So what makes your bikes climb better?"....his answer, "Uh, your legs?"[/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by HTail
    Another Avid Juicy owner question... anyone notice that the scrape area on the rotor has a rather dark color to it. Whereas my friends disc brake rotors all have a polished or brushed looking scrape?

Just wondering if this is typical of Avid as I noticed this was the case with my Avid Mechanicals. I assume this is due to the pad material?

I would tend to agree that it is probably the pad material in the Avids. Either that or the chocolate sprinkles are falling off of someones donut and onto your rotors.

mmmm, donuts.....

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by HTail

A traslucent dark brown on your brake surface??
    It's both the pad material and heating on your discs. Hayez tends to get blueish and Shitmano with organic pads get even more darker after some heat-ups.
    Check my Site