mtbr member

Crossmax v-brake rediculously loud squeal

Just got me a set of a couple a year old brand new mavic crossmax wheels for v-brakes. Got em' on my bike they look sweet and roll smooth as glass, until you hit the front brakes. I could deal with some noise, but holy sh*t! Its so loud its not even worth riding. Done some research, sanded and toed in as little and as far as I could and no cigar. Haven't tried ceramic design brake pads yet but am planning on it. Does anyone have the answer I am looking for? Thank You, I must have the trails, if I don't fix this I will begin to lose my ability to deal with life...

Not a regular
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Timm
    Just got me a set of a couple a year old brand new mavic crossmax wheels for v-brakes. Got em' on my bike they look sweet and roll smooth as glass, until you hit the front brakes. I could deal with some noise, but holy sh*t! Its so loud its not even worth riding. Done some research, sanded and toed in as little and as far as I could and no cigar. Haven't tried ceramic design brake pads yet but am planning on it. Does anyone have the answer I am looking for? Thank You, I must have the trails, if I don't fix this I will begin to lose my ability to deal with life...
    Try the pads for ceramic rims fast.