Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Codes are too grabby - smaller rotors, Elixirs, or Saint 09

725 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  YeahWhatever 
#1 ·
Hi there people - this is my first post... Hopefully you've got some answers...

I ride a Nicolai Helius FR with Code 08s - they are mentally powerful :D , but just way to grabby :mad: , especially on mulchy alpine tracks, i've just found out. Will smaller rotors help (currently running 203 fr, 185 r)? Or would Elixirs or Saint 09 proivde the power AND the modulation that I want.

#2 ·
i would defintally do the smaller rotor thing before looking at a new brake set...much cheaper route. If even with a small rotor they are too powerfull i would check out the avid juicy 7's, i absolutly love mine. ignore the bad reviews on here, most people complaining dont know how to properly bleed them and from experience with other sram products the company is amazing to deal with warrenty stuff.

#6 ·
Cheers people. I will try smaller rotors, but the power is not the problem (love it!!!), its the wooden feel, and just nothing between pads touching and locking up that is the problem. I want to be able to trim speed, not remove it altogether. I'm thinking of taking a Spesh with Elixirs for a test ride from a Spesh Concept store...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.