mtbr member
    Aug 2006

Clarification of Hayes Stroker Trail V6 vs V7 vs V???

Hey everybody,

I'm in the market for a set of Hayes Stroker Trail brakes, however I'm a bit befuddled over the exact difference between the V6, V7, & V8? I assume that it's simply the variety of rotor sizes 160mm, 180mm/6in, & 203 mm/8in?

If this is the case, then could anyone inform me if I will have any compatibility issues with a 2008 Yeti 575? Do I have the option of any size, with the restriction of rotor size based on which model I get from then on?

Thanks for any clarification that can be offered. I'd rather ask before I purchase, rather than realize my blunder after the fact.

PS - It looks like $165 is a decent price for a set of takeoffs from fleabay, with this price range in mind, should I consider any other hydrolic brake setups?

mtbr member
    Yep V6=6"/160mm, V7=7"/180mm, so on. Compatibility depends on what mounts you have. Fronts looks like a Post mount so V6 req no adaptor while other sizes do. Rear is IS so it'll req different adaptors depending. Sometimes adaptors are even included check where ever you're buying to be sure.