mtbr member
    Jun 2008

Centerlock rotor on 6-bolt hub?

I have seen many adapters for a 6-bolt rotor on a centerlock hub, but never for centerlock rotors on a 6-bolt hub. Is there an adapter I need? I am looking at some Shimano brakes that come with centerlock rotors, and I don't want to have to buy rotors too.
    Last edited by Qui'lan Fett; 12-06-2008 at 02:49 PM.

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    no, unfortunately there is no way to mount a centerlock rotor on a 6 bolt hub...

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    It looks like there are already 6 holes in it. Are those not the right size?
    http://www.pricepoint.com/images/sty...5%20SHI857.jpg

mtbr member
    Jul 2003

Listen to what....

crisillo is saying. There is NO WAY to mount a center lock rotor on a 6 bolt hub! The rotor in the picture that you linked to is a two piece center lock. You cannot disassemble the rotor. They are riveted together permanently. And if I remember correctly, even if you did, the pattern of the holes will not match up to the bolt circle patern of a 6 bolt hub. It's as simple as that.

You have three choices if you wish to use the LX hydro brakes. Purchase different 6 bolt rotors to go with the brakes, use your existing rotors (if you already have disc brakes) if they are compatable, or get new hubs/wheels that have the center lock mounting system.

Those are your options. Your choice.

Good Dirt
    "I do whatever my Rice Cripsies tell me to!"