mtbr member
    Jun 2008

Centerlock rotor on 6-bolt hub?

I have seen many adapters for a 6-bolt rotor on a centerlock hub, but never for centerlock rotors on a 6-bolt hub. Is there an adapter I need? I am looking at some Shimano brakes that come with centerlock rotors, and I don't want to have to buy rotors too.
    Last edited by Qui'lan Fett; 12-06-2008 at 03:49 PM.

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    no, unfortunately there is no way to mount a centerlock rotor on a 6 bolt hub...

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    It looks like there are already 6 holes in it. Are those not the right size?
    http://www.pricepoint.com/images/sty...5%20SHI857.jpg

mtbr member
    Jul 2003

Listen to what....

crisillo is saying. There is NO WAY to mount a center lock rotor on a 6 bolt hub! The rotor in the picture that you linked to is a two piece center lock. You cannot disassemble the rotor. They are riveted together permanently. And if I remember correctly, even if you did, the pattern of the holes will not match up to the bolt circle patern of a 6 bolt hub. It's as simple as that.

You have three choices if you wish to use the LX hydro brakes. Purchase different 6 bolt rotors to go with the brakes, use your existing rotors (if you already have disc brakes) if they are compatable, or get new hubs/wheels that have the center lock mounting system.

Those are your options. Your choice.

Good Dirt
    "I do whatever my Rice Cripsies tell me to!"

Members who have read this thread: 5