mtbr member

centerlock to 6 bolt adapter

i want to get the xtr wheelset but i dont want to have to use a center lock rotor so for a hope floating rotor would an adapter work or would it be better to get a hub spokes and rims and lace the wheels myself? or what is a good wheelset with a 6 bolt hub? any with a hope hub?
    2009 Jamis Trail X2
    2002 Raleigh Mountain Scout
    2008 Trek fuel ex7

Jamin, Applesause, No?
    I believe Price point sells the center lock to 6 bolt adapter in many different colors. I like the center lock hub and disc brake combo myself. But for the price of XTR wheels there is a lot of great competition out there for them to compete against. What kind of riding are you planning on doing? What weight wheels are you looking at. For premade wheels I like the Easton Havens, Sun Ringle Charger Pro and Black Flags. For custom builds I like the hopes laced to some Stans. Or some I9's laced to some stans. Depending on your weight and riding style my favorite stans rims are the flows.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Senor StrongBad View Post
    I believe Price point sells the center lock to 6 bolt adapter in many different colors. I like the center lock hub and disc brake combo myself.
    does that mean you suggest it or not? sorry im not sure

But for the price of XTR wheels there is a lot of great competition out there for them to compete against. What kind of riding are you planning on doing?
    mountain biking...oh wait its not called that anymore...lets see then...Trails, AM, FR, DH, a little of every thing

What weight wheels are you looking at.
    im not a weight weenie lets put it that way...

For premade wheels I like the Easton Havens, Sun Ringle Charger Pro and Black Flags. For custom builds I like the hopes laced to some Stans. Or some I9's laced to some stans. Depending on your weight and riding style my favorite stans rims are the flows.
    ok weight wise im like 125-140...idk really...yea i know i need to eat a few cheeseburgers...but what can i say...i ride te bike way too much...if you have a problem with that...oh well i dont care...JK lol just had to say that...
    2009 Jamis Trail X2
    2002 Raleigh Mountain Scout
    2008 Trek fuel ex7