Philze

Center lock rotors

Has anyone heard of center lock rotors only lasting a season, due to the spline wearing out? I heard the force from the braking wears the teeth out.
    [SIZE=5]Aaron T. Collins[/SIZE]

MTBR Demi-God
    I have never heard of them wearing out in such a manner.

The force from the braking would wear the teeth out only if they are not mounted correctly. Other than that, there is normal wear and tear which all rotors encounter.
    "Winners never quit. Quitters never win. But those who never win and never quit are idiots."

mtbr member
    Jul 2003

The 3 most important things....

to remember when mounting rotors, whether splined or 6 bolt are, torque spec, torques spec, and torque spec! And with a 6 bolt rotor there is a 4th, Lock Tite!

I'm with anirban, I've never heard or seen such a problem with centerlocks. I work in a shop and we have several customers, and I ride with several friends tha have centerlocks, and have had them for a number of years. No problems with the centerlock interface what so ever.

I'd also have to say that any reports of this happening are likely due to improper torque spec on installation, or failure to check that spec now and then. Disc brakes are not an install and forget component. I check the torque on rotor mounting bolts, caliper mounting bolts and adpater mounting bolts at least twice a season, usually more often. But then I tend to check every fastener on the bike at least once a year. Esspecially the important ones like brake bolts, stem bolts, fork foot nuts, pedals, and crank bolts. Those are the ones that can lead to the biggest and often most painful or expensive problems if neglected.

Good Dirt
    "I do whatever my Rice Cripsies tell me to!"