inner peace to make peace

New question here. carbon levers breaking?

has your disk brake carbon lever broken broke, during a ride?
    ex. Formula Oro Puro, etc...
    Could I buy a replacement Oro Puro lever that's "fat" aluminum?
    Last edited by TrailNut; 01-20-2008 at 11:08 PM.
    The state that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards & its fighting by fools.

Meh.
    Straitline makes a lever set for the Formulas. Is that what you mean by "fat?"

I haven't had an issue with carbon levers breaking. Just keep the lever clamps slightly loose so that it can rotate in the event of a crash. Carbon is brittle and more likely to snap whereas aluminum usually bends. Though it's not like the carbon is going to give out when you grab a handful of brake.

Single Speed Junkie
    Never had a lever break. One trick I use is to keep the Brakes loose enough on the bar so the will rotate in a crash, but tight enough that I do not accidently move them when grabbing for the brakes on a run.

LA CHÈVRE
    And you can get Formula alloy levers if you ever need to. Oro K18 levers, K24 levers, Bianco levers, they are all compatible...

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gerous
    And you can get Formula alloy levers if you ever need to. Oro K18 levers, K24 levers, Bianco levers, they are all compatible...
    Good. Thanks.
    The state that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards & its fighting by fools.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailNut
    Good. Thanks.

I hate carbon levers for brakes. I had two carbon levers break on Marta SL's. One broke in a crash which left it hanging like a wet noodle and the other lever had a crack near the bushing. Magura wanted $120 dollars for replacement carbon levers. A little steep for my wallet. I went with the aluminum levers at about 1/3 the price.

mtbr member
    My Puro Lever broke in a crash in D-Ville. I now use Dangerboy's that are made for the Formula Oro's.
    [SIZE="2"]"You don't stop playing because you get old, you get old because you stop playing!" - Unigeezer [/SIZE]

i'll install alloy levers