mtbr member
    Sep 2008

Can you mix and match brake adapters?

Is it possible to use a Hayes 180mm adpater on an Avid Juicy 7 Caliper since they're both International Standard? or Vice Versa?

mtbr member
    yes, 185s are the same.......

Meh.
    The Hayes v7 rotor is not 185mm like Avid uses. If you want to use the Hayes adapter, you must use the Hayes rotor as well.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Just did it this week on my 8" For my Hayes Strokers. The Hayes adapter was 24 buck and the Avid 10. Used the Avid no prob.

mtbr member
    XSL_Will is right on the 185 though. The Hayes V7 is only about 178mm so the Avid rotor will rub the caliper, I learned this first-hand.
    Pivot Firebird, Tomac Snyper, KTM 250SX

mtbr member
    The ADAPTERs will all mix/match with the calipers.(use the juicey washer system also)
    Be more carefull when you mis-match rotors to adapters. Bigger adapters to slightly smaller rotors should work, but slightly less braking power/surface contact between pad/rotor....

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by scottay
    The ADAPTERs will all mix/match with the calipers.(use the juicey washer system also)
    Be more carefull when you mis-match rotors to adapters. Bigger adapters to slightly smaller rotors should work, but slightly less braking power/surface contact between pad/rotor....
    Thank you for your response. I'm planning on using a Hayes adapter and Avid caliper for the V7 rotor.