Thread: Can I use.....

BLS439

Can I use.....

my Shimano XTR Disk mineral oil with my Magura HS-33 brakes? I need to cut the hosing to fit the Maguras to another bike but don't have any of the Magura Blood Oil. I think that both systems use Mineral Type oil. Would this be okay?

Thanks!
    --BLS439

Official ***** Idiot
    Feb 2004
    I wouldn't. Yes, they both use mineral oil, but there's additives in there that may differ from Magura to Shimano. I tend to err on the side of caution, myself. I would just order some Magura blood from a reputable dealer, and wait until it came in. Even mixing the two could be problematic....different viscosity, different chemical makeup.

Aside from all this, you'd void your warranty on the Maguras using Shimano fluid.

BLS439

Thx the LBS hooked me up. NM

Quote Originally Posted by heff®
    I wouldn't. Yes, they both use mineral oil, but there's additives in there that may differ from Magura to Shimano. I tend to err on the side of caution, myself. I would just order some Magura blood from a reputable dealer, and wait until it came in. Even mixing the two could be problematic....different viscosity, different chemical makeup.

Aside from all this, you'd void your warranty on the Maguras using Shimano fluid.
    NMNMNM