Caliper Switch XTR 988 Trail
Hi Guys, i need a hand here. I currently have a new set of xtr trail brakes and they are set up Right Lever/Rear Caliper, and Left Lever/Front Caliper.
I'm born and bred in Australia and we do things a little different, i'd like to swap the calipers to have it the other way around ie front lever on the right. (strange?)
Does anyone know how this is done? the hose looks as though it just screws into the caliper nicely with a hex key, would a simple unscrew and re-attach and then rebleed solve this problem??
Looking fwd to a reply, it's be a great help!
Lever Change over
I had a crack at it...
- Pulled off the Rubber Cover at Lever
- Using 8mm (i think) spanner, unscrewed the barrel looking nut that lives under the rubber cover
- Kept hose pointing UP at all times and pulled out Hose end from Lever
- Dropped alternative lever onto Hose end that WAS pointing UP!!!
- and reversed the Above x 2
Cheers for the Views and the encouragement to have a go!
---- forever Yeti
I've switched (and shortened) hoses on Shimano brake set-ups a couple of times without issue. And without the need for bleeding. As stated above, go slow and be careful not to drip any fluid out of the hose. The hose sometimes will require a pretty good tug (and/or wiggling) to get it to release from the lever. It might be a good idea to have some extra compression olives and hose barbs handy in case things get more "complicated." Good luck!