mtbr member
    Apr 2009

New question here. Caliper and hose O-rings

Hello everyone, I need new O-rings for my Formula B4 brakes: the two hose O-rings for both ends (4 rings total) and two grub screw rings. However, I cannot find these on there own but instead in sets combining in price to 50 ($75). Bit steep for 6 rings

Does anyone know how I can get around this? I know that the avid juicys would also work but I can't find an O-ring only set from them either. I was also wondering if there was a way of making them? Perhaps by chopping a cable or with a rubbery glue.

Any ideas would be great, thanks a lot - Dylan

...idios...
    You'll be able to buy o-rings from any decent hardware or plumbing store, or size them and order them online.

And welcome to MTBR.

What luck for rulers, that men do not think - Adolf Hitler

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Are there any sites you could suggest? And thanks for the welcome

...idios...
    As I said, large hardware stores and plumbers merchants will carry o-rings of the size you need, so you're highly likely to be able to find them locally. A search through your local business 'phone book should yield results. Even if they don't hold stock, a good store will e able to tell you what size you need - if you show them the old ones - and where you'll be able to get them.

What luck for rulers, that men do not think - Adolf Hitler