Accident prone (owie)

Cable housing popped out of the barrel adjustor

Hello all,

On yesterday morning's ride we were bombing fairly quickly down a single track, and while I did not notice any particularly rough sections it became harder to use my rear brake at one point. The pull didn't feel linear and it was about twice as hard to pull as usual.

After we stopped I realized this was because the cable housing at the rear brake lever had popped out of the adjustment barrel. This has not happened to me before and all of my cable housing clips and "gap points" are as they should be.

Is there something I should do to keep this from happening again, or is it a normal occurrence for mechanical disc brake cables?
    Last edited by Turmoyl; 09-19-2008 at 10:24 AM.
    - Brian

Ride Responsibly
    for whatever reason your cable has too much slack, check for free sliding of the cable in the housing or sticky caliper. and that there is still tension when fully released. Also check for problems through the rear suspension travel.

Accident prone (owie)
    LWright,

I'm sorry it has taken me so long to respond but I wanted to thank you. Your information was spot on.

The only caveat is now that my brakes are on a much shorter pull I'll have to somehow get used to them without endoing.
    - Brian