mtbr member
    Nov 2004

Broken XT 775 brake lever

Snapped front brake lever ~1 inch from the pivot point. The rest of the lever assembly looks ok. Shimano is OOS of just the lever blade. Anyone have an extra XT lever blade just lying around? Any recs on an economical fix? Compatible aftermarket levers?

Thought about just going with SLX lever set as I never use the free stroke adjustment and honestly don't know what it does. Thanks for the advice.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    you could contact jenson and ask if these are blades or pivots. based on the price i'm guessing they're blades.

http://www.jensonusa.com/store/produ...t+Xt-M755.aspx

Meh.
    If you are unable to get a replacement I might be interested in buying it off of you.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ghettorider
    you could contact jenson and ask if these are blades or pivots. based on the price i'm guessing they're blades.

http://www.jensonusa.com/store/produ...t+Xt-M755.aspx

Those are the older model XT brakes I believe. Mine are the current 775's. Looks like the SLX levers MIGHT work but not sure on that one.

mtbr member
    Are the XT and SLX levers / calipers compatible? I would be interested to know what you find if you switch out with SLX levers.

Meh.
    You can use a SLX caliper with an XT lever and vice versa. I do not know if the lever blade from one will fit the other (my guess is that it won't).