likes bicycles

Brakes may be breaking....

hey... im pretty new to mtbing.. ive got mechanical disc brakes on my bike. went for a ride this morning and the brakes worked fine... gave the bike a good cleaning and lubing and now the rear brake will slow the bike dont but won't grab like they should... i fear that i may have gotten some lube in there somehow albeit i tried to be careful not to...

any and all suggestions would be much appreciated

thanks!

Formerly DMR For Life
    couple of options, first light your pads on fire to remove any contamination, or just plain replace them, then take so isopropyl alcohol to the rotor to clean them up

hope that helps
    DMR

squish is good
    I'd just wipe the rotor down with isopropyl alcohol and go out and ride it. The nice thing about disc brakes is they tend to self clean as they get hot and rub the rotor. Get some good heat into that puppy and it should help get back to normal. Alot of times I just ride my bike in a really low gear and drag the rear brake as hard as I can pedal against it. It's a workout but it helps clean the rotor and pads.

likes bicycles

thanks a lot

thanks for the tips guys... i rubbed down the rotors with the alcohol and gave it a ride down the big hill by my house a few times and shes once again grabbin like she should

thanks guys