mtbr member
    Mar 2010

Brake Therapy Floating Brake System on my 2003 AC

I'm looking at alternatives to buying a new bike or even a new frame, and happened to trip across the brake therapy floating brake system. I contacted them, and the whole setup would cost me in the range of 350.00 Cdn. Not a bad deal, and a helluva lot cheaper than a new frame. It would (hopefully) fix one of my AC's few flaws - brake jack. It's not too bad on the flats, but rocky or bumpy downhills are an issue.

Has anyone used this system on a single pivot or "faux bar" (ie: Kona) suspension? Is it worth the price? Any hassles with it? How is the weight?

Any info you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

ride hard take risks
    Havent used the product and still dont worry about Jack. If your concerned with Jack while cornering on rocks an stutters it's a definite must have. If your braking going straight and the rear is kicking like a HT you must have. Does it work??? yes!!! Brian is awesome and knows his shnits with a resume to back it.
    Formotion Products
    http://www.formot

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by dogonfr
    Havent used the product and still dont worry about Jack. If your concerned with Jack while cornering on rocks an stutters it's a definite must have. If your braking going straight and the rear is kicking like a HT you must have. Does it work??? yes!!! Brian is awesome and knows his shnits with a resume to back it.
    Is he the one who designed the Kona DOPE system?

ride hard take risks
    Quote Originally Posted by bikedreamer
    Is he the one who designed the Kona DOPE system?
    That is correct.

http://2btherapy.com/
    Formotion Products
    http://www.formot

mtbr member
    The system works as advertised, and weighs approx 1 pound.

However, that said I stopped using mine when once I learned how to properly brake using mostly the front brake, then the brake therapy wasn't really needed any more.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolbiker
    The system works as advertised, and weighs approx 1 pound.

However, that said I stopped using mine when once I learned how to properly brake using mostly the front brake, then the brake therapy wasn't really needed any more.
    What kind of bike did you have it hooked up to, oldskool?

I probably don't need it too much around the prairies, but when I head out west for some DHing, that's a different story. I'm pretty good with using the front brake, but Whistler and the like make brakejack a bit scary.

mtbr member
    I had it on a Yeti ASX.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Sweet ride!

Did you ever have issues with clearance between your shoe and the floater bar? Is there a downside to the Brake Therapy system?

mtbr member
    I never had any issue with clearance. In the time I used it only problems I had was once the bolt holding the bar worked it's way loose. My fault for not checking it I guess. I crashed and bent the bar, and from then on it rubbed the tire on hard corners. Also depending on your hub, it can be annoying to take the tire on and off. If you use a through axle, then it's no issue.