Forked!

Brake rub on V-brakes after a fall...

Ok, the background....I was riding yesterday, came around a turn and met up with a downed tree. No problem I thought, yeah it's kinda big and on an uphill I wasn't expecting, but, I think I can clean it. Anyway, as I lie there on top of the log with my bike pinning me down on my right side (cleat liked it's spot in my pedal and didn't want to let go) I found that, I was mistaken on my previous thought.

So I started pushing up the trail to hop back on and noticed my rear wheel wasn't turning at all. I guess I hit the right rear brake on the log and pushed the pad under the rim. I pulled it back out and found the pad and/or pad stem was slightly askew. Now, I get that taken care of, but when I spin the wheel the brake rubs when it hits a particula spot on the wheel. My immediate thought was the wheel isn't true, but when I spin the wheel, I can't visually see the wheel out of true. Any thoughts on if this is more of a wheel issue or do I need new pads? Or a possible other issue all together (other than working on my logging skills). Thanks.
    [SIZE=1]Any married man should forget his mistakes. There's no use in two people remembering the same thing.[/SIZE]

Forked!
    Wow, been traveling for a week and thought there would be some advice on this by now. Is this mainly a Disc forum?
    [SIZE=1]Any married man should forget his mistakes. There's no use in two people remembering the same thing.[/SIZE]

bang
    brake jammed under the rim; ive done that befor lol. check to see if the tire is causing the rub. there might be a small bulge somewhere. you can try playing with the tension screws to set the pad farther away from the rim so that side doesnt rub, or try moving the brake pads down a little (make sure the bottom of the pad doesnt go past the rim).

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    there may be a small hit in the rim that u can't c w/ the wheel on the bike.. this may b the problem.. and u said that u bent the brake pad bolt??? buy a new set how much can they cost like ten or fifteen bucks. if this still doesn't help may the spring on the brake arm is cracked! u know where the tensioning bolts are the cheap plastic part.. if that is cracked or broken u may need a new 1they are cheap also(like mayb 2$$)or mayb the tensioning arm isn't connected to the brake arm did u brake ne thing off of that??is there a thin piece of metal hangin out of the back ur brakes??if thats is broken u may need new brakes altogether