mtbr member
    Sep 2012

Brake Rotors for Saint M810

I just purchased a set of Saint M810's for my Fuel Ex7. My fuel has 185mm rotors that came on it stock, and I am wondering if they will work with the Saints? On the website I ordered from, the Saints work with 180mm rotors. (I only noticed the discrepancy after I ordered) So I'm wondering if the 185mm will work, or if I need to purchase new, 180mm rotors. Thanks for the help!

Plays with tools
    It's a matter of pad engagement. If the rotor is catching 90% of the height of the pad your good to go. If it looks like it's crashing into the caliper (probable in your case) then you would either need to get a different adaptor or add 2.5mm worth of washer to make up the difference. I will say the new Saint rotors are pretty bad ass. I've not ridden them but it's the next evolution of Ice Tech. Might be worth getting the Saint rotors even if you can get your existing ones to work.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    That's just wrong. Avid's brakes aren't bad and the Codes certainly have good stopping but their rotors suck.

Using Saints with Avid rotors is like running 14 inch H rated tires on your Ferrari. I'm sure the car will work but it you certainly won't be able to extract anything approaching the car's maximum performance.

Trust me I know from personal experience I had a 203mm Avid front rotor on my Giant Faith 0, while waiting for my Shimano RT-76 and RT-86 rotors to arrive. Once I upgraded my front and rear rotors to RT-76 and RT-86 type rotors I experienced a notable increase in the Saints' braking power.

Spend a hundred dollars buy yourself some decent rotors.

mtbr member
    I use Xt Ice-tech with Saint brakes and work perfect...

banned
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by customfab View Post
    It's a matter of pad engagement. If the rotor is catching 90% of the height of the pad your good to go. If it looks like it's crashing into the caliper (probable in your case) then you would either need to get a different adaptor or add 2.5mm worth of washer to make up the difference. I will say the new Saint rotors are pretty bad ass. I've not ridden them but it's the next evolution of Ice Tech. Might be worth getting the Saint rotors even if you can get your existing ones to work.
    Problem with that is the new finned Saint rotors are only available in centerlock (as of right now).

I'm using M810 with Avid rotors, 203 front and 185 rear, using the 185mm adaptor that came with my Juicy Ultimate Carbon (i.e. with Avid's CPS caliper) and the Saint caliper fits on there with no problems and there is almost complete pad contact.

....not sure what'll happen when I put the Hope 183mm in there....

-S