mtbr member
    Nov 2008

Brake Pads Rubbing...alot

Hey,

when recently transporting my bike on a bike rack i had to take the front wheel off. when i went to put it back on...the pads are too close together and the wheel spins about a third as long as it normal would. They are parallel, but just too close together. I have juicy 5's by the way.

if anyone knows why this is happening i'd be glad to know.

thanks

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    You probably bumped the lever while you had the wheel off. Use a wide flat blade screwdriver and carefully pry the pads all the way apart and than put the wheel back on. Pull the levers a few times to reset the pads and you should be good to go.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Thanks alot. I had originally intended to do just that but i thought i should get an experienced riders' opinion first.

banned
    Yep, spread the pads with a screwdriver carefully or an old butterknife you don't care about.

Oh yeah, this question comes up several times a week, while there's a search feature and a really excellent disc brake FAQ at the top right of the forum no one cares to check out. Read up on it because it can help you on the trails when you can't post a question.

Take the knowledge with you