powered by peanut butter.

Brake pad for Shimano BR-M486 hydros?

Hi all,

I posted this is the Shimano forum but got no answers, so here goes again...

I'm looking for replacement pads for my BR-M486 hydro brakes (came stock on my Giant). A spec sheet I found on Shimano's website says I need pad model BO1S, but I haven't been able to find them available anywhere so far (except for one site in the UK, but I don't really want to pay international shipping).

While doing some searching on this site, I saw that a similar non-series brake (model BR-485) was recalled by Shimano, so could that possibly have something to do with these pads not being available?

I'd appreciate any and all suggestions for finding these pads!

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    These BBB Brakepads should fit. Shimano tech docs for the B475 take B01S pads link and BBB websites states that these pads are for those brakes (B475).

mtbr member
    Alternatively, Shimano's M08 pads works fine and is widely available.
    I'm looking forward to regretting this.......

powered by peanut butter.
    Thanks for the suggestions - you think the M08s will work even though my brake model isn't listed as compatible?

Vaginatarian
    Oct 2005

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    www.Discobrakes.com, Deore 525 pads, you can get 4 pair for 25.00 + free shipping, they are a Great pad for the $.
    Last edited by TiCain; 03-15-2010 at 04:17 PM.