I'm Slow

Brake Noises - here are mine

I read threads about all these noises and problems people have but I would love to actually start hearing some, so I am posting mine. I just used my iPhone on video mode, and placed it in a open pocket on my backpack(mic up of course). I even edited this on iMovie on the phone, but if editing isn't for you, you can always to link to a YouTube video at a certain time marker in the video.

So here is my Avid Elixir CR Mag(x0). 2 sounds in the clip, chirping and then some turkey gobble. That is a Hope Pro Evo 2 hub, if you need a sound comparison. This is on the front using Avid hsx 160 rotors with avid organic pads.

Avid Elixir Brake Noise - YouTube

Also here are some Formula R1 brakes making an awful sound. Hope Pro Evo 2 is the Hub. 160 formula rotor on the rear with jagwire extreme pads, and I can also make the sound happen on koolstop serrated pads and the formula metal pads.

Break Rotor Noise 1 - YouTube
    Last edited by paulrb02; 01-27-2012 at 08:37 AM.
    RideSAMBA.com Mountain Biking in South Alabama.

The Unaffiliated
    Oct 2009
    The Elixir noise is much lower pitched than the sound mine make sometimes (rear only), otherwise similar. I usually give the pads a quick buff with some 220 grit sandpaper and wipe the rotors with isoproply alcohol and it goes away for a few months.

The second clip sounds just how my front Elixir sounded when I got some fork oil on them.