mtbr member

Brake Levers for BB7

I'm going to be putting BB7's on my rigid 29er build and I'm trying to decide between Avid Speed Dial SL or XTR 970 V-brake levers....any thoughts? They'll be going on Jones H-Bars.

Thanks
    Last edited by Bluebeat007; 05-18-2009 at 05:39 PM.

Weekend Warrior
    I like the Avids more, however that's just a preference. Best way is to get hands on both and see which fit better to your liking. Once you get into the high end stuff there isn't really much of a difference. I bought a set of AVID SD Ti's on eBay for around $10 (if I can remember right), they are a world better than the cheap crap that came on my bike. What I really like about these, after you ride levers hard for a while they will start to wiggle up and down, the SD Ti like the SL have an adjustment so you can retighten them and they are solid as new again. I need to do this around once a year so far and the play is maybe 1/32" but enough to annoy the crap out of me.

Good luck.

LDH
    mtbr member
    avid's also have forged levers that will bend and can be straightened unlike crappy cast levers.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    I'm running Avid Ultimates with my BB-7's. Expensive? Sure but being a bike snob has its price but they are all so smooth!
    OB1 Kielbasa

One is good!