mtbr member
    Sep 2007

brake drag, please help

I had Vassago Jabberwocky with Avid Elixir CRs. I could not get the back wheel to spin freely because the brakes rubbed. My LBS could not get it to work. I took it to another LBS who thought it was the brake mount and recommended grinding it. I chose instead to upgrade to the Optimus Ti frame (made in USA by Lynskey), but I'm having the same problem again. I've gotten the wheels to spin freely at times, but it seems like that only happens when the brakes are well worn. I really love the bike, but I'm running out of patience. Any thoughts?

LightJunction.com
    There may be some sort of alignment issue with your caliper or caliper adapter (assuming you're using one). Are both pads rubbing or just one?
    We sell quality bike headlights and flashlights.
    www.LightJunction.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by lightjunction View Post
    There may be some sort of alignment issue with your caliper or caliper adapter (assuming you're using one). Are both pads rubbing or just one?
    Caliper alignment is the first thing you should check. Your rotors may be slightly warped as well. It also could be a sticky piston.
    2012 Intense M9
    2012 Pivot Mach 5.7 Carbon
    2008 Look 595
    2007 Custom Litespeed Sewanee

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Your brakes drag....so you bought a new frame?
    And then put the dragging brakes on it?
    I think it might have been a little easier and a lot cheaper to bleed the brakes.....