mtbr member

Listen! Brake Caliper Stuck?

So my Avid Juicy 3 front brake wouldn't allign with the rotor when i set it. So i tooked it off and pulled the brake to observe it close. The pad on the side the hose is on would move out, but the other pad on the non-hose side didn't move at all. Is this normal or not. Is this air or some debris stuck somewhere cause it is wearing one pad down somthin fierce and one not at all.

Thanks
    "Well, now we know what NOT to do..." - Me and my Friends

Meh.
    Hold the piston that does move and force the stuck piston to come out. Lube the piston with DOT fluid. Work the piston in and out. Push the piston back in nice and straight. Try now.

It is possible that an air bubble is preventing piston movement, but might as well try the easiest fix first.

mtbr member
    Alright so i tried what you said, i lubed it alot with DOT fluid and moved it in and out many times. It seemed to improve it at first, but the other piston still moves when not held down and the other won't move still. It is also as hard as hell to push back in when it is out. Im open to any other ideas but thanks for that one.
    "Well, now we know what NOT to do..." - Me and my Friends