m_c
    mtbr member
    Mar 2005

New question here. Brake Boss Hose Guides

Is there such thing as imperial threaded versions off Hope Hose Guides?

I've got a Black Sheep Titanium softtail frame, that I'm wanting to start building up, and am looking for some hose guides that will screw into the brake bosses. I've already bought some 10mm Hope hose guides, but I didn't think about the fact that as the frame is american, it'll use imperial threads (3/8 UNC in this case). So I had a D'oh moment when I realised they wouldn't screw in.

My searches so far haven't found anything similar with a 3/8UNC, so I'm hoping people on here might know.

mtbr member
    Metric sizing is standard in the bike industry. I'd recheck the sizing.
    Quote Originally Posted by m_c
    Is there such thing as imperial threaded versions off Hope Hose Guides?

I've got a Black Sheep Titanium softtail frame, that I'm wanting to start building up, and am looking for some hose guides that will screw into the brake bosses. I've already bought some 10mm Hope hose guides, but I didn't think about the fact that as the frame is american, it'll use imperial threads (3/8 UNC in this case). So I had a D'oh moment when I realised they wouldn't screw in.

My searches so far haven't found anything similar with a 3/8UNC, so I'm hoping people on here might know.

Don't touch me!
    Edit: Jebus I need to try reading more thoroughly.
    Assuming you've taken off the canti studs and they don't fit, I'd check to see if they are the 8mm fork models. If they are, you'll (of course) need the 10mm frame model. Like said earlier, bikes are metric.

This may irk you though, some people have said they don't fit very well when installed. This is due to the fact that the threading for all frames and forks are probably not uniform; or more like not universally the same. So there will be variance between everything. I would expect the worst and hope for the best.
    [SIZE=3]No offense to KB, but if I see another "Strong, light, cheap. Pick two" line on this site...

[/SIZE][SIZE=1]MCM# eleventy billion

[SIZE=2]No offense to thieves, but if I see another "Ride it like you stole it" line on this site...[/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]

m_c
    mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    I finally remembered to take the canti mount into the workshop and check it, and it is definately a 3/8UNC thread. However, while building the frame up today, I realised that there's a hose guide on the front side off the seat stay, so the brake boss hose guide isn't required. I'll just find a couple gromits to blank the brake bosses, to stop the threads getting full of dirt.

Thanks
    moray