Thread: Brake Booster

mtbr member
    Jan 2008

Brake Booster

I was thinking of getting the RooX v .22 but are there others that add more ridgidity? I was also considering buying a used shimano XTR carbon brake booster for $30. How well does the shimano XTR booster work in comparison to the RooX? Will both of these brake boosters work with my Manitou sxr4 forks? My forks have an arch that goes over the tire and I was wondering if it will get in the way of mounting either of these brake boosters.

Meh.
    The booster should not get in the way, it mounts on the outside of the caliper, away from the arch. They work on the same concept, but I don't know if one is better than the other.

wyrd bi ful rd
    Any pictures? ...

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    I dont have pics but I think what XSL_ Will said is correct. But does anyone have experience with either of these brake boosters?

Meh.

Ties the two sides together to keep it from flaring out when the brake is applied.

nnn
    mtbr member
    All boosters work pretty well as they're a vast improvement over 'nothingness'. Personally I wouldn't have my rear V-brake without a brake booster or it just gets squishy.