mtbr member

Brake Adaptor Help ??

I just installed a Rock Shox Tora 318 Solo AIr on my Trek 4300. I got through the entire install and was trying to mount the front brake caliper to the new fork and I realized that the caliper does not properly mount to the fork. I believe I have figured out that I need a brake adapter to get the caliper to mount correctly.

The Tora has a 51mm SI Disc Mount and the front brakes have a 160mm rotor. Does that mean I would a brake mount like this one:

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/Sh...er/5360027299/

It seems very straight forward.... Just want to be sure I was on the right track so I can getting this thing running ASAP! Thanks.
    Last edited by Mikey_Dawg; 05-13-2009 at 10:03 PM.

mtbr member
    If you have Shimano brakes thats the one.... 160mm post to IS

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey_Dawg
    I just installed a Rock Shox Tora 318 Solo AIr on my Trek 4300. I got through the entire install and was trying to mount the front brake caliper to the new fork and I realized that the caliper does not properly mount to the fork. I believe I have figured out that I need a brake adapter to get the caliper to mount correctly.

The Tora has a 51mm SI Disc Mount and the front brakes have a 160mm rotor. Does that mean I would a brake mount like this one:

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/Sh...er/5360027299/

Or is their another similar item that I need for my setup? Not familiar with any of this yet so I wanted to make sure I was on the right track so I can getting this thing running ASAP! Thanks.

mtbr member
    Any chance the LBS might have that in stock or am I gonna have to order it?

Meh.
    There's a good chance an LBS would have one in stock. I know I've got a few of them.

mtbr member
    if it looks straightforward, then you're probably on track. of course, we don't know what caliper you have.