Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Braided hose installation problem

5K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  007 
#1 ·
Three of the four hose connections are working fine. This one is at the rear lever and is leaking from the shroud away from the lever. I have recut, smoothed the end, tried less hose under the olive, nothing seems to work. Under pressure fluid leaks out of the shroud at the end you tighten(with the wrench head). Any suggestions?

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Is that where the olive normally is? I think its supposed to be flush with the end of the hose . . . .

And where's the barb? What kind of shape is that in? Also, the hole in the end of the line looks MASSIVE . . . for my Hopes, the hole was about the diameter of a toothpick.

What brakes are these from?

#4 ·
#5 ·
I thought that olive looked familiar. When you press the barb in, how much difficulty do you have?

When I shortened my Hope SS lines, it was near impossible to push the barb back in by hand alone. I had to use a substantial amount of force, pressing the barb down onto a table to get it to fully seat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.