mtbr member
    Aug 2006

Bleed Problem Hfx-9

Right i installed a new hose as the instructions said, and then bleed the system untill fluid was coming out of the master cyclinder and the i shut the bleed nipple off as i was still squeezing the bottle, there seems to be no pressure at all in the system... i can pull the lever all the way back and the pads only move a tiny bit, any ideas what i have done wrong? thanks

gringo-fied facsimiles
    your bleed has just begun. Hook everything back up, and draw the fluid back through the caliper, you will more than likely see bubbles, squeeze the bottle again and push the fluid up towards the lever, again bubbles, repeat 12, 17 27 more times, and every 5th time pump the lever. then, MAYBE you have a clean line, if it happens again, bleed again. have fun.
    http://www.bradwaltonphoto.com
    "you slow whitted rectal beltch" -sp

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    I cant see this being the problem though, the fluid has gone from the caliper to the leaver and there are no bubbles coming out, there is just no pressure building up in the system.. thanks for your help

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_uk
    I cant see this being the problem though, the fluid has gone from the caliper to the leaver and there are no bubbles coming out, there is just no pressure building up in the system.. thanks for your help
    There's probably trapped air in the caliper. Read the Hayes bleed instructions. It says to alternately push fluid through the system and pull a suction on the caliper, which will get rid of the trapped air.

Meh.
    Do it with a syringe. It's much easier, and the results are better.

But yes, you haven't done a full bleed. More than likely, you still have air in the system.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    How do you have the master cylinder set up? The bleed port should be perpindicular to the ground, NOT parallel like it says in the instructions. That'll keep a bunch of air trapped in the system.
    Question, why'd you swap the hose out in the first place?

Double-metric mtb man
    Quote Originally Posted by juancancook
    Question, why'd you swap the hose out in the first place?
    My guess would be for a bit better a feel and some more power. I've been contemplating going to a Goodridge line and Dangerboy or eNVy levers to compliment my set-up, change the feel a hair and for some additional bling
    As if four times wasn't enough-> Psycho Mike's 2013 Ride to Conquer Cancer Page

Moran? Let your opinion be free -> F88me

Gnar
    Do it with a syringe. It's much easier, and the results are better.

Where do I get a syringe? Thanks!