mtbr member

BH61 and BH62 Same Hose Different Fittings?

Shimano's BH61 And BH 62 Hydro hoses use different fittings for the different levers ( 755 and 756) but is the hose the same in both, i.e. same inner diameter, etc?

And while im asking, 756 have the straight fitting and the 755 have the 90 degree fitting but are their threads the same? ( Fittings to Lever threads)

Oh. I forgot about BH96 same i.d. as these others? Just packaged with the 965 compatible fittings?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sumguy1
    Shimano's BH61 And BH 62 Hydro hoses use different fittings for the different levers ( 755 and 756) but is the hose the same in both, i.e. same inner diameter, etc?

And while im asking, 756 have the straight fitting and the 755 have the 90 degree fitting but are their threads the same? ( Fittings to Lever threads)

Oh. I forgot about BH96 same i.d. as these others? Just packaged with the 965 compatible fittings?
    I don't think that the BH61s were the original (silver) 755 hoses as they were not cuttable, while the 61s are. But you are right that Shímano indicates that these now fit the 755s.

The Shímano service manual: http://bike.shimano.com/services/ima...ke_Systems.pdf

has a compatability table for hoses,levers and calipers, so while it doesn't answer your question, it might be some help.

Wombat

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wombat
    I don't think that the BH61s were the original (silver) 755 hoses as they were not cuttable, while the 61s are. But you are right that Shímano indicates that these now fit the 755s.

The Shímano service manual: http://bike.shimano.com/services/ima...ke_Systems.pdf

has a compatability table for hoses,levers and calipers, so while it doesn't answer your question, it might be some help.

Wombat

Thanks for the link. Amazingly enough there is no mention of the hose specs in the document. I suspect that all the "resin" brake hoses 61, 61 and 96 all use the same hose - only the fittings are different depending upon what lever you use.