The Top Cap Guy

Better idea for Shimano XTR Clip on bolt that holds pads in place?

I have lost one of the clips that go on the pad replacement bolt on my XTR Disc brakes. It was just a slip on clip. Is there anyone who knows the size needed if I wanted to change it out to a TrueArc ring? The little c-clips style ring? That way I wouldn't worry about it falling off on the trail and then the bolt loosening up and my pads falling out? I tried a 5/32 ring and it was too big (smallest they had at Lowes Hardware).

Thanks
    Fred
    "If I'm leading, I'm bleeding."

Chrome Toaster
    I'm not sure what size but I've lost that stupid little clip on every single disc brake I've used that uses them including my XTR's. Just keeping the bolt tight enough does the trick if that makes you feel any better. Someone once suggested using something like a small safety pin or something along those lines which supposedly stayed on better but I can't remember now.

I already rode that
    I lost mine first ride. Just like Hecubus said just tighten it and it wont come out.

Live 2 Ride
    I have a set of Shimano Deore mech discs. The bolt that holds the pads in place on top stripped out so I used cotter pins. Sliped them in and bent them down. I have been riding them for a few months like this with no problems. The cotter pins hold the pads and springs just fine.
    My Bike: '96 Gary Fisher Aquila
    My Blog: http://http://kona0197.wordpress.com/

Bad Case of the Mondays
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Freddy
    I have lost one of the clips that go on the pad replacement bolt on my XTR Disc brakes. It was just a slip on clip. Is there anyone who knows the size needed if I wanted to change it out to a TrueArc ring? The little c-clips style ring? That way I wouldn't worry about it falling off on the trail and then the bolt loosening up and my pads falling out? I tried a 5/32 ring and it was too big (smallest they had at Lowes Hardware).

Thanks
    Fred
    I picked up an e-clip from Home Depot. I bought a size too big, but with some careful attention from my pliers it worked just fine. Like the rest said though, usually you won't have a problem if you just keep the bolt tight but I didn't want to have it rattle out on a DH run or something like that.

Authority is dead!
    Steel or Al wire, come on guys!
    [SIZE=5]For the love of Oi[/size]

[size=6]Rent a house at Attitash[/size]