Riding free's the mind
    Jan 2004

Best performing disc brakes

As a long time Avid disc brake user, from the BB7, Juicy7 and now the Elixir....I've felt these performed well, but not without misc issues that need not be repeated!

From reading the forums, it seems all brakes systems have their issues, in fact some issues are common across all.

For those that have tried several different brands & really gotten some serious use out of them....in your opinions, what are your picks for best brakes and why?
    [SIZE=2]Question to a custom frame builder..."So what makes your bikes climb better?"....his answer, "Uh, your legs?"[/SIZE]

Double-metric mtb man
    Hi HTail....you'll get as many different answers as there are users here with a question like that That being said, I'll throw in my $0.02 worth...

Of the ones I've tried to date, I like the Hope Mono M4's best so far. They have a good contact patch (4 piston calipers and long pads), excellent power (I'm 235 lbs + gear and I can lock up F and R on asphalt with 1 finger), great modulation and don't seem to fade much for the type of riding that I do. They are not a light weight brake, though.
    As if four times wasn't enough-> Psycho Mike's 2013 Ride to Conquer Cancer Page

Moran? Let your opinion be free -> F88me

mtbr member
    im a fan of hayes easy to change pads rarely need to be centered plus customer service is great. Used to like avids till a set of juicy threes came on my fisher hi fi 29 they were very disappointing and that's being generous.bb7 work fine though as did juicy 7s still hayes is better