Giant Anthem

Best pads for XT brakes and XTR rotors

I need some excellent brake pads to replace my resin XT's.

Yet it was another weekend of poor braking on my XT disk brakes. They are the resin pads and take about 5-8 miles to start working well. Before that they feel glazed and about 40% of power. This is the 3rd week in a row-I've done everything your supposed to do to prevent this but they just suck.

So I've no choice but to change the pads-I need something that grabs very very well as I kick the rear around corners while doing a brief lockup. So I need quick, graby brake power-just like my old hayes.

Any suggestions? I race cross country and ride a giant anthem.

I run XT brakes and have XTR centerlocks-any concerns with this?

Thanks guys
    Last edited by 2fst4u; 04-07-2009 at 09:11 AM.

DGB
    mtbr member
    Sep 2007

What about Metal pads?

I use the M06 Metal pads in my M775 XTs. Primarily because it's wet here most of the time and they last longer than 1 ride! I still use them when it's dry as they grip better than the resin pads. They very rarely squeal or howl and if they do it's usually because there is some contaminant on the pads/rotors.

mtbr member
    I used to run one resin and one metal per caliper when I owned Saints. I'm in the process of adding a set of 765s to my bike and I'll be doing the same again.

toby

mtbr member
    Hayes came with sintered early on then switched to semi-metallics. Sintered lasts longer but semi-metallics had better modulation and less vibration. You're probably looking for the semi-mets