Forked!

Best disc set for lightweight XC HT?

southeast rider with very little major downhills. Occasionally head to the mtns for some rides, but not enough to warrant anything major. I've at least decided on hydro over mechanical, but other than that I'm looking for advice/experience. Is there a brand that stands out for price, reliability, and the set it and forget it ability? Marta's? Mini's? I'm trying to not make this a "whats the best disc" thread but more of what for my area...thanks.
    [SIZE=1]Any married man should forget his mistakes. There's no use in two people remembering the same thing.[/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

I love you Marta and I'm not embarrassed to say it out loud.

Quote Originally Posted by DaMtnRider
    southeast rider with very little major downhills. Occasionally head to the mtns for some rides, but not enough to warrant anything major. I've at least decided on hydro over mechanical, but other than that I'm looking for advice/experience. Is there a brand that stands out for price, reliability, and the set it and forget it ability? Marta's? Mini's? I'm trying to not make this a "whats the best disc" thread but more of what for my area...thanks.
    I've only had them for maybe a few hundred miles of riding, but they are leagues beyond the Hayes Comp I had before them. A bit on the pricey side, but they are coming down. Great modulation and boat loads of stopping power and not one single squeal out of her. Once installed correctly, I've never had to do anything to them in terms of maintenance. Again, I've only had a few hundred miles worth of rides on them.

Duc