mtbr member

Best Brake Hose for Shimano Hydros; Goodridge, Shimano or Jagwire?

Going to install some XT M775 hydro calipers with XTR M975 Dual control levers. Am thinking of using other than Shimano hoses to "color up" my ride. So far have found Jagwire and Goodridge in various colors. (Blue is what I'm looking for).
    Any info out there on Goodridgevs Jagwire vs Shimano brake hose difference? Or are there any other colored hoses I am not aware of, please??
    Thanks in advance to anyone/all who can help, please?
    Training on Hills Builds Character, That's How I Got To Be One!

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    I haven't tried the Jagwires, but I just replaced the stock XT brake lines on my bike with Goodridge lines. (One of the cats chewed through the Shimano brake line - don't ask me how she managed to mangle the steel braid...) Very easy to install (if you cut the lines cleanly) and more solid than the stock lines. Hopefully catproof as well! Lots of places don't carry the fittings for XT brakes (banjo connectors on both ends) but I found them at Chain Reaction Cycles. Decent price, too.

The brakes are very solid with the new lines and will lock up at high speed no problem. It's a subtle difference, but I think the Goodridge lines provide a more solid braking than the stock XT lines did.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    I also have Goodridge hose. They are not as prone to expansion as the plastic hose. Better feel, and most important MO BLING!

mtbr member

goodridge on hayes nines

i put the clear carbon goodridge cables on with red anno bits and it lookssweet. As for how they feel well there is a difference between standard and the goodridge. I'd say as the previous poster said less prone to expansion therefore keeping your bite point at the same point of your brake lever reach.

Bottom line is they look good especially with the red anno connections.