SS or Die

Best 203mm Rotor for Formula The Ones

Ive done all the usual searching and cant find what Im looking for so.....

Im using Unex rotors, 203mm F and 180mm R on a Turner Sultan and with the aid of Formula The One brakes the performance is dissapointing...

I recently put my lighter wheelset on and used Avid 160mm rotors front and back and the stopping power was noticably better?

My question is....would a genuine Formula 203mm and 180mm rotor perform better than my light Unex rotors? Does the extra surface area of the standard rotors make that much difference??
    "Be the Gear..."

banned
    What are Unex rotors? Got a pic?

Why not just go with Formula rotors and not think twice?

Don't know if they're still available in this size (never bothered to check), but one of my favorite rotors are the Magura Louise Wavy rotors. Not the two piece. The one piece. They are nice and thick, straight, stay true, and give a good braking surface, provided their profile will match The Ones. I have a 180 and loved it. It definitely added more power when I used it with my Mini in the front of my bike some years ago.

SS or Die
    I dont have any pics but this might help..

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Alligator-UNE...1%7C240%3A1318

Ive got 160mm versions of these on my HT and they worked a treat.

When I bought the Formula brakes they came without adaptors or rotors so I bought these for a good price and the 203mm only weighs 152g which I thought was pretty neat too at the time.

Ive cleaned the rotors and pads and even put new pads in and the result is the same. Im guessing that the lighter rotor with less pad contact is the reason the performance is diminished...

Prior to using The Ones with my Avid 160mm rotors I had thought that The Ones had rather average stopping power.

Im keen to put some genuine rotors in place to see the true potential of these brakes but I would like to know what is good, whether Formula's or others. I read about a rotor company on here called Galfer but I cant find anyone that sells their rotors....Any suggestions?
    "Be the Gear..."

banned
    Ah, those things. Alligators.

Just save a lot of trouble and use the Formula rotors. They're good quality.

You can try Galfer, but some are liking them, some are lukewarm. Again, I prefer the Maguras (they are even marked as licensed from Galfer due to the Wavy design) due to high quality, and extreme straightness. In my personal experience talking to Galfer, I didn't find them to be a very professional company at all on a brake pad development project that would have benefited them (they wanted me to buy Hope V2 pads for them so they could copy and reverse engineer them, and never gave a real guarantee that I'd get at least pads back for the help. V2 pads cost about $24. They stand to make thousands).

SS or Die
    Thanks for that, the only wavy Marta rotors Ive seen are Marta's, the Loiuse was plain and straight. Is there a new Loiuse wavy number that I havent seen?
    "Be the Gear..."

banned
    Google IMages is your friend: