Butts Up Fast!

BB7's with XT or XTR levers

Do BB'7 work well with XT or XTR levers. I have a set of dual control XT levers and a set of XTR levers both used with V brakes. Would either of these work well with the Avid BB7 calipers?

Old man on a bike
    I used the older XT integrated brifters (ST-M750's, with trigger shifters) for years, but there's only three settings for the leverage control (via adjustment blocks) whereas my XTR M950 levers have more adjustment of leverage with a screw type adjuster. I have no complaints with either.

I believe the later dual control vbrake levers only have one adjustment block. None of the Shimanos are as easy to adjust for leverage as Avid's speed dial knob on the outside of the lever, ready for instant adjustments. As to how much you need/want to adjust your leverage with the BB7s is personal choice...
    "...the people get the government they deserve..."
    suum quique

uh, or something!

i use my xtr m950's

that would typically be used with v brakes with the bb's and they work like ten men
    Life is a drink and you get drunk.... when you're young.....

mtbr member
    Are there any ways of having the leverage point on the XTR lever fixed in position, instead of having it increase/decrease throughout the lever stroke?

Old man on a bike
    Quote Originally Posted by peternguyen
    Are there any ways of having the leverage point on the XTR lever fixed in position, instead of having it increase/decrease throughout the lever stroke?
    I'm not sure what you mean by that...once you choose a pitch adjusting screw position it changes for you? Or do you mean the "servo wave" action?
    suum quique

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikinfoolferlife
    I'm not sure what you mean by that...once you choose a pitch adjusting screw position it changes for you? Or do you mean the "servo wave" action?
    Yeah that's it. You know how on the servo wave the cable end starts at one point, and moves inwards as you pull the lever? Is there any way to keep it in one place the whole time instead of it moving? I was thinking, maybe insert something in there from stopping it from return back to the top?

Old man on a bike
    Quote Originally Posted by peternguyen
    Yeah that's it. You know how on the servo wave the cable end starts at one point, and moves inwards as you pull the lever? Is there any way to keep it in one place the whole time instead of it moving? I was thinking, maybe insert something in there from stopping it from return back to the top?
    I suppose you could try to put the pitch fixing block back in...
    suum quique

Members who have read this thread: 0