Thread: BB7's levers

Ride,Smile, Pedal Damn it

BB7's levers

I'm putting together a MTB w/ disc up front and a V brakes in rear.
    Have a new set of Avid speed dial 7 levers. Can i use the same levers for the combo? Not sure if they pull the same? Not sure if that makes sense. I don't know much about brake "actuation" or reach. Was also wondering if something "top shelf" like Pauls Components would be a good idea, since i have a disc up front. Thanks

Always Learning
    Quote Originally Posted by henrymiller1 View Post
    Have a new set of Avid speed dial 7 levers. Can i use the same levers for the combo? Not sure if they pull the same? Not sure if that makes sense. I don't know much about brake "actuation" or reach. Was also wondering if something "top shelf" like Pauls Components would be a good idea, since i have a disc up front. Thanks
    Yes, of course you can use the Speed Dial 7 Levers with that set up. You'll be fine with them.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by henrymiller1 View Post
    Am I correct in assuming that the disc for the front is an Avid BB7? If so it is very common to pair the SD7 levers with the BB7 caliper and it works very well.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Yes. I ran my Schwinn Homegrown with a bb7 in front and and an Avid single digit 7 in rear with Speed dial levers for years. Worked very well.

mtbr member
    If you are doing the installing and adjusting of the brakes youself, you can get a feel of how you want them. You can get them both adjusted so they basically feel the same and you otherwise wouldn't know that one is disc and one is not.

Ride,Smile, Pedal Damn it

Thanks

Thanks for replies.
    I was fairly certain it would work.
    Looking forward to getting project under way.

Bite Me.
    Your set up is called a "mullet".... Business up front, party in the rear! Works great.:
    When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. ~H.G. Wells