mtbr member

New question here. BB7's on 99' Psyclewerks Wild Hare

Just got through with mounting up some BB7's on my Intense Tracer and like em' so much I'd like to do the same on my Wild Hare...only problem is there are no mounting bosses/tabs, only two mounting holes about an inch a quarter apart drilled into the chain stay. Don't know if these were for a specific type of brake or intended to accommodate adding an optional mounting block. Psyclewerks is no longer so I can't go directly to them. Anyone know what my options might be? I work in a machine shop so I can make something if need be but it would be nice if there is already something floating around out there I can just mount and be done with...

Thanks....................

MD

utilikilted
    I also have a Wild Hare, for which I still have great affection, though I quit riding it in favor of a Ventana X-5 nine months ago. I e-mailed Psyclewerks numerous times over the past 3 years regarding a disc specific rear triangle or at least a chainstay yoke, never got an answer. From what my LBS told me, Psyclewerks had an attitude and were never much for customer service. I'll be watching this thread, as I would like to mount my X-5's BB7's on the Hare and go hydraulic on the X-5. Good luck!

mtbr member
    Psyclewerks have been out of business for a few years. Apparently did something illegal so they closed their doors or were forced to. However, when they were in business Roy always answered e-mails or phone calls.
    Get over it!

utilikilted
    Guess I picked a sore. So sorry dude.

mtbr member
    I think I'll just pick up a set of 08' BB7's and see what I can come up with. Worst case I can mount em' on my GF's Moto Rapido if I can't get em' to fit up on the Hare. If I do work it out I'll make a few extra for folks in the same boat...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcusDelirious
    Just got through with mounting up some BB7's on my Intense Tracer and like em' so much I'd like to do the same on my Wild Hare...only problem is there are no mounting bosses/tabs, only two mounting holes about an inch a quarter apart drilled into the chain stay. Don't know if these were for a specific type of brake or intended to accommodate adding an optional mounting block. Psyclewerks is no longer so I can't go directly to them. Anyone know what my options might be? I work in a machine shop so I can make something if need be but it would be nice if there is already something floating around out there I can just mount and be done with...

Thanks....................

MD
    i believe the wild hare was designed to use the old hayes post mount brakes only...you'd most definitely have to machine an adapter to run any current brake setup.

not so super...
    didn't Ventana do some/all of the welding/fabrication on these bikes? Maybe Sherwood at Ventana has the info you are looking for?

If it is the old 22mm Hayes Direct Mount holes then you'll need to find a Hayes caliper.
    Nothing to see here.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SSINGA
    didn't Ventana do some/all of the welding/fabrication on these bikes? Maybe Sherwood at Ventana has the info you are looking for?

If it is the old 22mm Hayes Direct Mount holes then you'll need to find a Hayes caliper.
    Yup...I measured the distance between holes and it's 22mm.

Meh.
    A2Z makes a 22mm adapter.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by XSL_WiLL
    A2Z makes a 22mm adapter.
    Got a link?

mtbr member
    ebay
    here's their website http://www.a2zcomponents.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcusDelirious
    Got a link?
    [SIZE=1][/SIZE]