Pwning Trails

BB7 and XTR levers?

I'm looking at putting BB7's on my karate monkey due to wanting a sus fork on the front. The sus forks that I'm considering only come disc only. Currently I have XTR levers with XTR calipers etc .. . Will the BB7's work no problem with the XTR levers? I'm guessing they will. Will I miss my XTR v-brakes? Thanks a bunch guys!

Ride Everything
    Yes, your XTR levers will work with the BB7s. Older, cantilever-specific levers wouldn't be a good match, but as long as the levers are v-brake-compatible, you're fine.

Personally, I prefer the Avid Speed Dial levers with my BB7s. I've run XTR levers with BB7s, and didn't care for the feel. Not bad per-se, just not my thing.

Will you like the discs more than your v-brakes? It depends. If you set them up properly and carefully, they're really good brakes. Between the pad adjustments and lever adjustments/choices, you can get practically any "feel" you want. Whatever you do, use lined, full-length cable housing, good cables (die-drawn stainless are my favorites), and be sure to trim/dress the housing ends cleanly.
    GRAVELBIKE.COM - ride everything