Thread: bb7 road/ mtb

mtbr member

bb7 road/ mtb

Apologies if this has been asked before...Is there anyway I can use either the BB7 road caliper or mtb caliper with both types of lever (drop/ flat bar)?

I realize they are named road/mtb for a reason but just thought i'd ask...

Cheers,

Meh.
    You can use a BB7 road caliper with a BMX brake lever or by using a Travel Agent on flat bars.

You can use a BB7 MTN caliper on drop bars with a set of levers that pull the same amount of cable as v-brakes (believe Dia Compe makes these as well as some other company) or you can use a Travel Agent.

While the Travel Agent does work, it is finicky. I feel that it adversely affects the performance and feel of the brake.

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by XSL_WiLL
    You can use a BB7 road caliper with a BMX brake lever or by using a Travel Agent on flat bars.

You can use a BB7 MTN caliper on drop bars with a set of levers that pull the same amount of cable as v-brakes (believe Dia Compe makes these as well as some other company) or you can use a Travel Agent.

While the Travel Agent does work, it is finicky. I feel that it adversely affects the performance and feel of the brake.
    ummm...The BB7 Road is the short pull caliper. A Travel Agent increases the cable pull and would make it work worse, with any lever.

BB7 Road: Standard road levers or short pull flat bar levers. You could use long pull mtb levers but they would require more hand effort and be less powerful.

BB7 Mtn: Standard long pull flat bar levers or long pull road levers. Can use the Travel Agent with regular road levers but it works like cr##.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member
    cheers guys

Meh.
    I made a mistake in what I wrote. The attitude is unnecessary.

ride hard take risks
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggy
    ummm...
    I still see a wolf head or if you look at the upper half a dog with floppy ears in your avey.
    Formotion Products
    http://www.formot