Thread: BB7 rear 140mm

Huckin' trails

BB7 rear 140mm

Alright, so I'll plan on using a 140mm rear rotor paired with a BB7 MTN caliper.

I'll get a front 160mm IS adaptor, which should fit as a rear 140mm IS adaptor if I understand ?

Then for the rotor, I wanted to go with some lightweight ones like the Ashima Airotor or Alligator Wind Cutter or the KCNC Razor. After a bit of online reading I find out those rotor don't offer great wear life compared to "full" surface rotor type, and I found a deal for a new 140mm HS1 with bolts for $12. Seems legit but I'll double check before order.

Now is anyone tried those rotors in 140 with a BB7 and what's your opinion ? The lightweight rotors are around 62g while the HS1 is 76g.

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!

mtbr member
    I use an Avid 140mm G2CS rotor on the rear of both my bikes (mountain & road).
    Works well, and yes it fits a 160 front mount.

mtbr member
    Look at the Magura storm sl 140. Using them on the rear of both my 29's.

Huckin' trails
    I saw them too. They're not the cheapest either.
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!