Hi everyone. I'm trying to mount a brand new BB7 to my Salsa Fargo fork. The fork is post-mount. I am having trouble making things work with the hardware that came in the box. Here's a quick run-down of what I've done so far:
1) Opened the box. Bolted the 185mm rotor to the rim.
2) Removed the I.S. mount adapter from the brake.
3) Substituted the post-mount adapter that came in the box.
4) Set aside the bolts that held the I.S. adapter.
5) Substituted the two, longer bolts that came in the box, which bolts I assume are for use with the post-mount adapter.
The post-mount adapter has an arrow on it. When I position the arrow in the direction of rotor-rotation, one of the bolts only protrudes 3/16 of an inch. The other bolt protrudes 5/8 of an inch.
3/16 of an inch is too short for me to believe it will hold adequately under braking pressure.
5/8 of an inch appears too long to fit into the post mount on the frame.
What's going on here? Should I be using some different bolts? Did Avid include the wrong bolts in the box? Am I somehow missing something about how these brakes go together?
Results 1 to 5 of 5
Thread: BB7 Post-mount -- need some help