Ride Everything

BB7 positioning (CPS vs dials)

In the BB7 instructions, it says that the pads/caliper should be offset closer to the inboard side. Is it better to set the position of the inner pad via the CPS or the knob?

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    that instruction is for the CPS alignment, the knobs will allow to adjust pad contact to your taste

Freshly Fujified

Use the dial

The CPS system ensures that the pads are aligned properly (flat) to the rotor. Once they are aligned, you adjust the inboard and outboard pads into their positions in accordance with the instructions.
    'If Wal-Mart sold parachutes, who would jump?' Frank Havnoonian (quoting his father) Drexel Hill Cyclery

Ride Everything
    OK, that makes (more) sense. Thanks.

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by MileHighMark
    In the BB7 instructions, it says that the pads/caliper should be offset closer to the inboard side. Is it better to set the position of the inner pad via the CPS or the knob?
    Use the CPS to center and align the rotor in the caliper. Use the knobs for pad adjustment.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

Ride Everything
    So to get the initial CPS alignment, is it better to hook the cable up and pull the lever, or just "eyeball it"?

Prez NMBA
    Jul 2005
    I loosen the bolts on the CPS, then get the caliper to where I want it with the pad adjustment, slightly to the inboard side since that side doesnt move, then tighten the CPS bolts, then back the pads adjustments off

Ride Everything
    Thanks for the tips. I installed them yesterday, and it was easier than I anticipated. With the Speed Dial levers it was pretty simple to get the modulation/feel that I wanted. Running full-length housing for the rear should keep the lever action/feel "light" for quite a while.