Thread: BB7 Photos

mtbr member
    Sep 2008

BB7 Photos

Can someone post photos of the BB7s? I am trying to find a brake that will work with my rear tire rack.the problem is that the rack has to go up at an angle and the disc brake gets in the way. I have a one inch spacer that I tried, but still there is not enough clearance. I will post some pics that hopefully will describe what I'm looking for.
    The red arrow is the spacer that I am using. The white line represents where the bike rack needs to go. I am hoping that someone can tell me if the BB7 has a lower profile than the BB5 that I just bought. If so, I'll move the BB5 to the front, as it is an upgrade to the Hayes that came on the bike and get a BB7 for the rear. Hope I am clear, if not, let me know! Thanks!angle view.JPG

back view.JPG

Meh.
    Use a rack that attaches to the seatpost. Or use a rack specifically designed for use with disc brakes.

Or just use clamps to attach the rack to the seatstay instead.

OSCMTB
    If anything, the BB7 sticks out further because of the outboard pad adjustment...

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I had it with the seat stay clamps before (I think you can see where it flubbed up the paint). The problem is, is that the company advised me not to carry my daughter on the back with it up that high, because the metal straps that attach it to the top of the seat stays have to bend too much and rise too high. Now that I bought an FS bike for the trails, I am trying to mount this thing permanently (and properly), so I can get some good father daughter time in on my bike.

rebmem rbtm
    Apr 2007
    I use one of these racks: http://www.topeak.com/products/Racks/SuperTouristDXTubularRack_disc
    There's no problem with clearance of the brake caliper on my bike
    Topeak also have another version: http://www.topeak.com/products/Racks/ExplorerTubularRack_discMount

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    I just looked at my Juicy 7 and it would provide plenty of clearance. You might even get by without the spacer.

With the weight of a child on it, I wonder if the leverage of the spacer will cause the bolt to snap.

The racks cobba linked to solve the "possible" leverage problem.

rebmem rbtm
    Apr 2007
    oops, I didn't notice the 'child' part, those racks aren't meant for carrying children and they have a maximum rating of 25kg. As 'gmcttr' said Hydraulic brake callipers are much narrower than the Mechanical brake callipers, I've seen standard pannier racks used without spacers on bikes with hydraulic brakes so a child's rack would probably fit over them ok.
    Here's a Topeak Child Carrier Rack for Disc Brakes: http://www.topeak.com/products/Child-Carrier/BabySeatRack_discMounts This rack is only rated to 18kg though.
    I also agree with what 'Berkley' said
    If anything, the BB7 sticks out further because of the outboard pad adjustment...